ASTM/ASME A252/SA252 Piling Pipe
Our standard and line pipe manufacturing processes ensure the highest quality in end products.
U. S. Steel Tubular Products ASTM/ASME A252/SA252 steel piling pipe is a structural pipe ideally suited for application in buildings, retaining walls, and other structures needing solid, dependably, quality made steel piling pipe as its structure.
We are the largest, fully integrated energy tubular producer in North America . U. S. Steel has full control over every step of the pipe manufacturing process, from melt to final product.
We manufacture our tubular products at several U.S.-based facilities that produce high-quality tubular products with low-residuals in a wide range of strength levels with superior toughness.
Because we are domestically produced, our customers are assured of the highest levels of quality and have access to concerned and invested customer service.
A252 Comparitive Specifications
ASTM Specification A252 describes nominal (average) wall steel pipe piles of cylindrical shape and applies to pipe piles in which the steel cylinder acts as a permanent load-carrying member or as a shell to form case-in-place concrete piles.
Surface imperfections exceeding 25% of the nominal wall in depth are considered defects. Defects not exceeding 22.5% of the nominal wall in depth may be repaired by welding. Before welding, the defect shall be completely removed.
|Tensile Strength, min, psi
|Seamless and ERW Welded
- Testing Requirements for seamless and welded A252 steel piling pipe
- Hydrostatic Testing: Not specified.
- Mechanical Tests:
- Tensile Test: Either longitudinal or transverse at option of manufacturer.
- Number of Tests: One tensile test per 200 lengths.
- Permissible Variations for A252 steel piling pipe
- Wall thickness: Not more than 12.5% under the nominal wall thickness specified.
- Weights per foot: The weight of any individual length of pipe shall not vary more than 15% over or 5% under the weight specified. Each individual length shall be weighed separately.
- Outside diameter: Shall not vary more than plus or minus 1% from the diameter specified.
U. S. Steel Tubular Products A252 steel piling pipe
U. S. Steel Tubular Products are available through authorized distributors across North America. See our complete U. S. Steel Tubular Products Standard & Line Pipe Distributor list here.
U. S. Steel Certifications
U. S. Steel Tubular Products electric welded and seamless pipe facilities meet the internationally recognized quality system requirements of ISO9001 and API Q1. See the complete list of U. S. Steel Tubular Products certifications.
For pipe sizes and grades not found in the section above, please contact U. S. Steel Tubular Products at 877-893-9461 with your inquiry.